Rainha Dona Leonor Secondary School belongs to the group of schools built during the second period of school construction. It was opened in 1961 and extended in 1967.
The school consists of three buildings in a U-shaped layout, built around playing fields and recreational ground. The main building has three storeys and is interlinked with the building to the east.
The intervention focused essentially on remodelling the existing facilities in terms of reorganisation of the interior space, upgrading of interior wall and floor coverings, a partial intervention on the superstructure and complete replacement of the electrical, telecommunications and water and wastewater infrastructures.
The new buildings is a response to the need to extend the premises and at the same time redefine the main entrance, facilitating both space independence and management and greater openness to the community. The school now has a multi-purpose hall with roughly 180 seats, a library and dedicated sports spaces.
ESCOLA SECUNDÁRIA RAINHA DONA LEONOR
E-mail: Site: http://www.aerdl.eu/site/
Address: Rua Maria Amália Vaz de Carvalho
Zip Code: 1749-069 Lisboa
GPS: 38.7513112300000, -9.1410975610000